SALISBURY - Police Chief Rory Collins announced today that eleven promotions are part of an extensive restructuring process for the Salisbury Police Department.
Effective as of Monday, March 21, the department began transitioning through a re-organization process aimed at better aligning key individuals with leadership roles. Internal promotions follow the recent completion of extensive, internal assessment proceedings.
Chief Collins shares, “I can honestly say that the evaluation process that we have recently completed, included multiple categories of research and review. By examining the strengths, capabilities, and proven leadership of individuals within our department, we were able to identify many truly skilled and knowledgeable leaders. These individuals will assist our sworn and civilian staff as we move forward together and make significant strides toward the transition and growth of the Salisbury Police Department.”
The following outlines officers, promotional rank, and new area of responsibility:
- Lt. Melonie Thompson - Captain - Operations Division-Patrol and Traffic
- Lt. Shelia Lingle - Captain - Police Services-Criminal Investigations, Drug Unit, Street Crimes Unit (newly created unit), Communication Center, Records, and other support areas
- Sgt. Andy Efird - Lieutenant - Professional Standards-Internal Affairs, Accreditation Process, K-9 Unit, Fleet Management, Staff Inspections, and Other Related Areas
- Sgt. Tom Wilsey - Lieutenant - Patrol Management Area-Management within the Patrol Function (newly created area)
- Sgt. Lee Walker - Lieutenant - Patrol Management Area-Management within the Patrol Function (newly created area)
- Sgt. Brian Stallings - Lieutenant - Criminal Investigations-Criminal Investigations Unit: Detectives, Drug Investigators, and Street Crimes Unit (newly created unit)
- Officer Todd Sides - Sergeant - Criminal Investigations-First-line Detectives Supervision (Sides will continue as primary “gangs intelligence” officer for the department)
- Officer Jason Robertson - Sergeant - Patrol Team-First-line Supervision for Patrol Officers
- Officer Joe Miller - Sergeant - Recruitment-Management of the Departmental Recruitment Processes
- Officer Mark Hunter - Sergeant - Patrol Team- First-line Supervision for Patrol Officers
- Officer Rodney Mahaley - Sergeant - Drug Unit-First-line Supervision for Drug Unit Investigators