Two down, one to go |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
SALISBURY - Sheriff's deputies have now located two of three convicted sex offender brothers who failed to notify the sheriff that they had moved from their home.
John Harris turned himself in on Tuesday and was charged with failing to register as a sex offender.
Harris has two brothers who are also sex offenders. Jesse and Joseph Harris were all living with their mother at 480 Mount Hall Road in Rowan County. The family was evicted from the home on Friday, December 7.
Joseph Harris was located and charged over the weekend, but Jesse Harris has not been found.
Under North Carolina law a convicted sex offender must update law enforcement about any change of address within three business days of that address changing. Failure to do so results in additional charges.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Jesse Harris is asked to call Salisbury-Rowan Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-JAIL (5245).
Top Salisbury Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say