Rhythm Nights at Rowan Public Library | Arts & Culture
SALISBURY - Rowan Public Library and Rowan Arts Council continue the “Rhythm Nights” series--lively evenings of storytelling, music, dance, and poetry, with performances from local and regional performers and open mic readings from the community.
This Tuesday night’s program will be held at Rowan Public Library’s South Rowan Regional Library in China Grove on Tuesday, February 7th, from 6:30 - 8 pm, and features African folktales with drums and traditional instruments with Obakunle Akinlana, and classical guitar with local musician Robert Howle.
In addition, local poetry clubs, groups, and individuals are invited to attend and present their work during the open mic time. The event is free and appropriate for all ages, and refreshments will be served.
Additional programs include:
Tuesday, March 13, 6:30 - 8 pm, at the South Rowan Regional Library in China Grove, featuring Willa Brigham’s storytelling, local musicians, and followed again with open mic readings from the community.
These events are sponsored by the Rowan Arts Council, Rowan Public Library, Salisbury-Rowan Visitor Center, and the NC Grassroots Grant program.
Top Salisbury Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say