Christmas tour at Reed Mine to benefit needy | Arts & Culture
Reed Gold Mine is holding a special Christmas tour, guided by costumed interpreters with focus on the holiday as miners would have experienced it.
Tour-goers can enjoy refreshments provided by the Cabarrus County Extension.
Local choirs are set to perform in the auditorium, while craftsmen display their handicrafts.
Proceeds and collected food go to Cooperative Christian Ministry, which provides support for needy residents in the area.
The event is at Reed Gold Mine State Historic Site (9621 Reed Mine Road in Midland), Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Admission is free. Monetary and food donations are welcome.
For more information, call 704-721-4653.
Top Salisbury Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say