Rep. Warren: Lee Street project funds approved | Business
SALISBURY - State Representative Harry Warren annnouced approval for funding for a new project on Lee Street in Salisbury:
Representative Harry Warren has been notified by the NC Board of Transportation that his request for funding to complete the North Lee Street Redevelopment Project in Salisbury has been approved. $290,000 has been allocated from the Statewide Contingency Fund and will be used by the city to replace and widen sidewalks, install street lighting, add landscaping and other related projects.
Representative Warren stated, “This project, located just one block from the historic Salisbury Train Depot, will enhance and support the business community that is already there and facilitate the acquisition of prospective businesses considering location in that area once these improvements are made.”
The $290,000 allocation by the NC Department of Transportation will be augmented by funds from the city of Salisbury and by in-kind contributions made by local contractors.
Top Salisbury Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say