Sheriff: teen girl who had been drinking takes lawn mower for joy ride | Crime
SALISBURY - Deputy Earnhardt of the Rowan Sheriff's Office knew something wasn't quite right. Last Thursday night Earnhardt spotted a girl with long blond hair riding a lawn mower down St. Matthews Church Road in eastern Rowan.
It was around 10 and the mower didn't have any headlights.
The deputy had the driver to pull over. He noticed the odor of alcohol on the breath of 18 year old Anne Linthicum. When the deputy took the blood alcohol test, Linthicum blew a .04.
While this was going on, a neighbor walked up to say that Linthicum had taken the mower without his permission, but he did not want to press charges. The mower was returned to the owner.
She was charged with misdemeanor driving with a provisional license after consuming and released on a written promise to appear in court.
Top Salisbury Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say