The escape through the hotel window comes up short for wanted man | Crime
SALISBURY - Jakeith Gerald Terry, 22, was quick, but not quick enough to outrun officers on Wednesday morning.
According to police, officers had gone to help a bail bondsman who was trying to find Terry for jumping bail on prior charges.
Terry was located in a hotel room at 322 Bendix Drive around 2:30 am.
When police arrived, Terry jumped through the window and made a dash towards Tilley Harley-Davidson and the wooded lot near the dealership.
Police chased on foot and caught Terry a few minutes later.
When officers searched the hotel room they located a gun, crack cocaine, marijuana, digital measuring scales, and $1177 in cash.
Terry now faces old charges as well as new ones associated with the Wednesday morning incident.
Terry is charged with two counts of assault on a female, possession of a weapon by a felon, possession of marijuana, possession of crack cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia, assault by pointing a gun, resist, obstruct, delay, and probation violation.
Terry's bond is set at $132,000.
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputies: Man tried to burn down home after argument with mother
- Registered sex offender arrested in Michigan for sex crimes against Iredell child
- Deputies searching for man who robbed local business
- Sheriff: Gun possibly used to shoot Marco Kauffman found in Statesville
- Report: Man found hiding in bushes after attempted copper theft