Farook turns himself in, charged with felony death by vehicle | Crime
SALISBURY - The man investigators say was responsible for the deaths of a Rowan County couple when he crashed his car into their motorcycle Sunday night has now turned himself in to the Highway Patrol.
Troopers say Abdul Farook ran his 2006 Saturn off Airport Road Sunday night, then over corrected, coming back onto the road, across the center line, and into the path of a Harley Davidson driven by Mark Jones and his wife Suzette. Investigators say after the crash, Farook ran from the scene.
Farook has now been charged with two counts of felony death by vehicle, driving while impaired, resisting police, and hit and run. Bond has been set at $800,000.
Top Salisbury Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say
- Public invited to free afternoon of canoeing
- One in custody, police looking for second suspect in Statesville homicide