Man's body found inside burning home in Salisbury | Crime
SALISBURY, NC (WBTV)- Investigators in Salisbury are looking into a house fire where the body of a 53-year-old man was found inside.
According to Salisbury Police, officers were called to a home along the 200 block of Ludwick Avenue on Monday morning around 7:15 a.m.
A neighbor called police after seeing smoke coming from the inside of the home.
Salisbury Fire Department arrived and upon making entry into the residence, fire personnel located a deceased victim, identified as 53-year-old Larry Wendall Knox, who lived at the home.
Salisbury police criminal investigations unit and fire are treating this as a suspicious fire.
The State Bureau of Investigations Arson unit has been called in to assist with the investigation. At this time the investigation is continuing.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Salisbury Stories
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say