Babysitter sees bruising on children while mother and boyfriend at parade, calls sheriff | Crime
SALISBURY - A babysitter spotted bruising on two young children while the mother and boyfriend of the children were attending the Faith Fourth of July parade, according to the sheriff.
Amber Nicole Orrock, 31, and her boyfriend, John Bernard McClendon, 31, both face two counts each of child abuse and assault on a child under the age of 12. Both have been released from jail after posting $2500 bond.
According to the sheriff's report, the children, a four year old girl and an 8 year old boy, were left in the care of a babysitter while Orrock and McClendon attended the parade. The sitter noticed that both children had bruises on their bodies and called deputies.
The children were initially taken by the Department of Social Services, but are now in the custody of a family member.
McClendon has a long criminal history in Rowan and Cabarrus, including charges for larceny, vehicle break ins, armed robbery, and selling drugs. Investigators say he began living with Orrock and her children at 320 Woodberry Drive in Salisbury about six months after being released from prison on felony larceny charges in Rowan County.
Top Salisbury Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say