Neighborhood complaints lead deputies to "Molly" | Crime
SALISBURY - Three people are facing charges after deputies searched a home on Sides Road and discovered one quarter pound of marijuana, and one gram of the Ecstasy derivative drug known as "Molly."
Acting on numerous complaints from neighbors who suspected suspicious activity at 835 Sides Road, deputies with the Rowan Sheriff's Office obtained search warrants and visited the house on Wednesday morning.
The home is the residence of Pierce Von Peeler, 21. Peeler faces three felony counts of drug possession. He has been released on $25,000 bond.
Rachel Banks, 22, of 1240 Jackson Road, Salisbury, was charged with drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia. Banks is out on $2500 bond.
A third person, Kelci Amanda McDaniel, 19, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. McDaniel was released on $500 bond.
"Molly" is a term for MDMA, or Ecstasy. Deputies say they found one gram of Molly packaged in a tin, similar to the type used to hold lip balm. Dozens of empty tins were also found at the house.
Top Salisbury Stories
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say