Police find pictures of flim flam suspect | Crime
SALISBURY - On Thursday this web site published a story about a woman losing $600 in a scam in the parking lot of the Salisbury Mall. Now police have found surveillance pictures from an earlier incident, and they think the pictures show the suspect in the recent case.
Earlier this week a 28 year old Salisbury woman said that she was approached by a woman in a long black dress in the mall parking lot. She told police that the woman told her that she had found a wallet containing $45,000 cash and a note that read "this is for the next two races."
The scammer then told the victim that she would share part of the money, but that the victim would have to put up $600 cash of her own money. The victim complied by going to the bank and getting the money, then giving it to the scammer.
The victim ended up losing the money as the result of an ages old con.
Police are hoping that someone may recognize the woman in the pictures. Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 704-638-5388.
Top Salisbury Stories
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say