Man arrested for shooting in Cooleemee Park | Crime
SALISBURY - The Rowan Sheriff's Office is investigating a shooting that happened in the Coolemee Park Monday night. Jared James Frasier, 32, of Woodleaf is now under arrest.
Deputies were dispatched to 645 Erwin Temple Church Road, at about 7:50 pm Monday to investigate a report of a possible shooting.
Officers arrived at this location, also known as the Cooleemee Park, and found James Howard Decess shot in the lower leg. Decess was taken to Rowan Regional Medical Center by ambulance, and is expected to be OK.
The investigation included talking to witnesses who were present at the shooting. Deputies believe the suspect, Frasier, assaulted Decess with a kick in the chest. Arrest warrants also accuse Frasier of verbally threatening Decess and another man, James Rumley. The warrant states Frasier told at least one of the men "he was going to take his gun and kill him".
Deputies say Frasier also assaulted James Rumley, inflicting serious bodily injury by knocking out two teeth and splitting Rumley's lip.
Frasier is now under arrest in the Rowan County Detention Center. He is being held under a $1,000 secured bond.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Salisbury Stories
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say