Buggy of clothes lands Kohl's customer in jail | Crime
SALISBURY - It was a simple idea, but didn't work out the way it was planned.
According to Salisbury police, Misty Spring Bryant, 34, of W. Rice Street in Landis, went into Kohl's in Salisbury and filled up a buggy with $186.37 worth of clothes, but instead of going to check out to pay for the clothes, she wheeled the buggy to customer service to try and get a refund for clothes she didn't buy.
Kohl's didn't buy it either, and called police.
Bryant was charged with obtaining property by false pretenses and jailed under $2500 bond.
Top Salisbury Stories
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say