Mourning family victim of thieves; home ransacked | Crime
SALISBURY - Thieves targeted the home of a grieving family mourning the loss of a one year child, according to a report at the Rowan Sheriff's Office.
On September 11, one year old Parker James Lee Munn drowned in a concrete fountain in his neighbor's yard on Rockwood Drive near Faith. The drowning was ruled an accident.
According to deputies, at some point over the weekend, possibly during the funeral for the child, someone broke into the family's home and carried off more than $4000 worth of jewelry and clothes, along with a big screen television, even a wicker basket that contained a Bible that was under the child's bed.
The report also lists a golf bag and golf clubs being taken, along with a coffee maker, jewelry box, class ring, an open heart necklace, 20 pills of Oxycodone, and a gauge compressor kit valued at $200.
According to the report, numerous drawers and cabinets were opened and the home was ransacked. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Rowan County Sheriff's Office at 704-216-8700 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.
Top Salisbury Stories
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say