Sheriff: man tries to burn house, runs away twice from deputies | Crime
SALISBURY - When deputies arrived at the home of Christopher Ball at 1220 Celestial Drive on Tuesday night, the fire department was already there.
Deputies say Ball had threatened to burn down his house after getting into an argument and assaulting his girlfriend. When deputies arrived, they say Ball took off for the woods.
Deputies then created a perimeter and called for a K-9 to come and find Ball. Within minutes they found out Ball had made it to another residence on nearby Mendenhall Drive. When deputies arrived there, they say Ball high tailed it again, but was caught a short time later.
Ball was taken into custody and charged with assault by strangulation, assault on a female, resisting police, drug possession, and trafficking heroin. Since the case involved alleged domestic violence, Ball is held without bond for 48 hours.
Top Salisbury Stories
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say