Three from Charlotte charged in fake ID check scam in Salisbury | Crime
SALISBURY - Two women and a man from Charlotte have been charged in Salisbury for trying to use a fake ID to cash a $9000 government check.
Police say the trio went into A Friend In Need Check Cashing at 802 N.Long Street on Tuesday and tried to cash the check using a fake ID. The workers notified police and the three were arrested.
Janique Williams, 45, of 903 Lynn Street, Charlotte, was charged with obtaining property by false pretense and placed in jail under $10,000 bond. Omar Clarke, 31, of 945 N. College Street, Charlotte, and Candice Tucker, 27, of 3103 Nobles Avenue were also charged. Both are out on $5000 bond. Tucker had an additional $500 added to her bond on a failure to appear charge.
Top Salisbury Stories
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say