Rash of car break-ins reported; police note unlocked car doors | Crime
SALISBURY - The thief who made off with several thousand dollars worth of cash and other valuables didn't have to work too hard to claim the loot. Salisbury Police say it's another example of people making it easier for crooks by leaving car doors unlocked.
The latest rash happened overnight on Sunday and early Monday morning. At least seven incidents were reported in an area near I-85 and Newsome Road and in the Brentwood Acres neighborhood.
Cars and trucks parked on the street and in driveways on Oakmont Court, Morningside Lane, Crane Creek Road, Newsome Road, Park Avenue and Wesley Drive were all broken into and items were stolen, including $1800 cash from one car. Tools, cellphones, and wallets were also taken.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639 JAIL (5245).
Top Salisbury Stories
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say