Busted! Sheriff says car break in thieves caught, items recovered | Crime
SALISBURY - Detectives with the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office began investigating numerous larcenies from vehicles in the area of St. Peters Church Rd., Gin Rd., and Zion Church Road, Rockwell, in the last few weeks, as well as several recreational campers being broken into near High Rock Lake in early January.
During the course of the investigation, investigators identified 20 year old Keith Rattz, Jr., who lives at 610 St. Peters Church Rd., and 23 year old Bryce Honeycutt, of 610 St. Peters Church Road, as suspects.
On Thursday detectives searched the residence at 610 St. Peters Church Road, Gold Hill. During this search investigators recovered stolen property including a boat motor, GPS unit, class ring, and several other items. Detectives are attempting to locate the owners / victims.
Rattz and Honeycutt were both arrested, and charged with 12 incidents involving breaking, entering and larceny, as well as breaking and entering, and larceny from a motor vehicle. Both were placed in jail under a $10,000 secured bond.
Top Salisbury Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say