Argument over Moped leads to shooting in western Rowan | Crime
SALISBURY - One man is in custody, another being treated after he was shot in the leg.
It happened late Friday, according to Captain John Sifford of the Rowan Sheriff's Office. According to the report, deputies responded to a call at 1315 Oak Breeze Drive in the Rowan County part of Mooresville.
Notes from investigators indicated that two men who were at one time roommates, were arguing over the ownership of a Moped. Punches were thrown, then one of the men pulled a .22 handgun and shot the other.
Investigators say the bullet went in and out of the man's leg below the knee. The injury was not life threatening, according to the report.
The man who fired the shot is in custody but has not been charged as of early Friday night. The names of the two men have not been released.
Captain Sifford said that the case would probably have to go to the District Attorney to determine if charges would be filed.
Top Salisbury Stories
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say