A $10 robbery results in $10,000 bond | Crime
SALISBURY - An evening on the couch turned into a knife point robbery Tuesday.
According to a police report, Stephanie Kay Horne, 40, was sitting on a couch with a man at a home Tuesday night on Reeds Lane. It's not clear from the report who owns the house.
At some point, Horne is alleged to have told the man "I know you've got $10, give it to me." Horne then went to the kitchen and got a knife. Police say the man took his wallet out of his pocket and opened it, and Horne grabbed the $10 bill.
The alleged victim then grabbed Horne by the wrist and was able to take the knife away. He then ran out of the house and called 911.
Police arrived minutes later and arrested Horne, charging her with robbery with a dangerous weapon. Bond was set at $10,000.
Top Salisbury Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say