With pants on the ground, cocaine is found | Crime
SALISBURY- Police say Jerome Allison of Spencer was probably just trying to find a place to quickly hide the rocks of crack cocaine they found in his car, and other areas.
According to the report, Allison was stopped for having a fictitious tag on his car. It happened on Monday at the intersection of N. Long St. and Bringle Ferry Road.
When police approached the car they asked if they could search. Allison gave the officer's permission to search and they immediately found two rocks of crack cocaine in the weather stripping that goes around the door frame.
Police say he may have tried to throw the drugs out the window, but that the didn't make it. Two more rocks were found in a more "secure" location; Allison's rectum. It's the second time in a week that drugs have been found carried by suspects in that unusual hiding place.
Allison was charged and released on $1500 bond for drug possession.
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Statesville man arrested by FBI for running $44 million Ponzi Scheme, indictment says
- Deputies: Man tried to burn down home after argument with mother
- Registered sex offender arrested in Michigan for sex crimes against Iredell child
- Deputies searching for man who robbed local business
- Sheriff: Gun possibly used to shoot Marco Kauffman found in Statesville