House fire ruled arson | News
SALISBURY - Investigators have determined that the fire that destroyed a house on Ashwood Place Tuesday morning was set.
Four people were inside at the time, but all managed to get out, two were treated for smoke inhalation, according to police.
Investigators spent much of the day Tuesday sifting through the charred remains of the house. At some point it was determined that the fire was set outside the house, possibly on the front porch.
The flames spread quickly, destroying the home. One neighbor told WBTV that just after 4:30 he heard loud sounds of fire and woke to see flames leaping above the tree tops.
As of Wednesday morning no one had been charged, but investigators say they will likely be bringing arson charges in the case.
Top Salisbury Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say