Ongoing rash of scrap metal theft leading to new rules for dealers | News
SALISBURY - The Law Enforcement Agencies of Rowan County would like to announce that they will be hosting two informational sessions regarding the Metal Theft Prevention Act of 2012. This will be to inform both the public and businesses about this new law.
The first session will be on Tuesday, August 21, 2012, at the Rowan County Courthouse, in Salisbury. The session will start at 6:30pm Those attending at this location should enter the Courthouse off Main Street.
The second session will be on Tuesday, August 28, 2012, at the Landis satellite office of the Rowan County Sheriff's Office, located on Chapel Street, in Landis. This session will start at 6:30pm.
Those interested need only attend one of the dates to learn more about this new law. Attendees will be provided a copy of the new law, and will have the opportunity to ask questions. Anyone unable to attend, that may have questions, should contact their local law enforcement agency.
Top Salisbury Stories
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say