Deputies: Toddler's drowning ruled an accident | News
The drowning of an eastern Rowan County toddler was ruled an accident, according to the Rowan County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators told WBTV someone called 911 at about 1:40 p.m. Tuesday regarding a missing 1-year-old child. A few minutes later, 911 received a second call. The person in the home said they pulled the boy from an ornamental pond in a neighbor's front yard.
The Communications Operator walked the person through CPR until emergency crews arrived to take over. The home is on Rockwood Drive, off Artz Road, near Faith.
Just before 2:30 p.m., deputies confirmed the child, Parker James Lee Munn, died.
On Thursday, the Sheriff's Office told WBTV that following the investigation the drowning was ruled an accident.
There is a visitation for Parker at Hartsell Funeral Home in Concord on Friday from 6 to 8 p.m.
The funeral will be held at Hartsell Funeral Home on Saturday at 11 a.m.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Salisbury Stories
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say