Two hurt in officer-involved shooting in Kannapolis | News
KANNAPOLIS, NC (WBTV) - Police in Kannapolis say two people are hurt in an officer-involved shooting early Sunday morning.
Police Chief Woody Chavis tells WBTV that officers responded to a call of a shooting on Leazer St around 2:30 a.m. A 30-year-old woman had been shot. She was taken to CMC Northeast with serious injuries and underwent surgery.
Police began searching for a suspect, and a short time later located a 46-year-old man at a home on North Main Street. Chief Chavis said an altercation occurred, and the suspect was shot by an officer.
The suspect was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. No officers were hurt.
No names have been released. The officer involved in the shooting has been placed on administrative leave, which is normal procedure.
The State Bureau of Investigation has been called in to investigate.
Police are looking for two motorists who were near the scene of the shooting on North Main Street, and asking that they contact Kannapolis police.
Anyone having any additional information concerning this incident can call the Kannapolis Police Department at 704-920-4000 or Crimestoppers at 704-93CRIME.
Copyright WBTV 2012. All rights reserved.
Top Salisbury Stories
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say