Fire closes Salisbury Walmart Sunday night; back open Monday | News
SALISBURY - A small fire that started in the men's department forced the temporary closure of the Salisbury Walmart.
The fire was reported early Sunday night.
Monday afternoon, investigators said the fire was intentionally set. Officers are working with the store to identify a suspect.
A store employee was able to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher, but there was some product damage.
Firefighters said the flames were out by the time they arrived, but they stayed to help clear smoke from the store.
Salisbury Police were also at the store Sunday night as some workers waited outside. The store has since reopened.
Top Salisbury Stories
Upcoming Events near Salisbury
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say