Source: NJ Governor Christie coming to Catawba College | Politics
SALISBURY - New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, fresh from his rousing appearance at the Republican National Convention, will be heading to Catawba College in Salisbury on Thursday, September 13, from 2 to 4 with Republican gubernatorial candidate and Catawba alum Pat McCrory, a source confirmed to WBTV.
Details of the appearance are still being worked out, according to a spokesman with the McCrory campaign, but it is a part of McCrory's campaign for the governor's office. The event is called the "Carolina Comeback Rally."
"Governor Christie is a strong, inspirational and visionary leader who is not afraid of telling people the truth and treating people like adults," McCrory said in a press release. "Unfortunately, while other governors from around the country have been showing leadership and implementing reforms, North Carolina has had a bystander in the governor's office. I look forward to having Governor Christie with me on the campaign trail to talk about the kind of strong leadership and vision we need in the governor's office to start a Carolina comeback."
Stay with WBTV for additional details as they become available.
Top Salisbury Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say