RCCC celebrates the big 5-0 in a big way | Schools
SALISBURY - Rowan Cabarrus Community College’s 50th anniversary celebration will officially kick off on Monday, January 28, at the North Campus. The North Campus is located at I-85 (exit 75) and Jake Alexander Blvd., in Salisbury.
The college has invited students, alumni, retirees, faculty, staff, board members, local officials, legislators, donors and members of the community to help commemorate the 50 years of service with an aerial 5-0 photo to be taken at 2:13 p.m. by Building 400. Free long-sleeve t-shirts will be available to participants beginning at 1:30 p.m. The 50th anniversary kickoff celebration will include the revealing of the college’s new brand.
Additionally, the Rowan County bond-funded Fire and Emergency Training groundbreaking will begin at 3 p.m. in front of Building 200 and a reception will immediately follow in the Paradowski Boardroom (251A) at 3:20 p.m.
The next meeting of the Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Board of Trustees is scheduled for the same day, Monday, January 28, at 4 p.m., at the college’s North Campus, also in the Paradowski Board Room of Building 200.
The Board of Trustees meeting agenda includes:
- The introduction of new employees;
- Announcement of the college’s 50th Anniversary and College Branding;
- Recognition of The Golden LEAF Foundation Award;
- Recognition of Norfolk Southern and Donations to the Fire and Emergency Training Facility;
- Report from President Carol Spalding:
- Foundation Scholarship Luncheon, February 15, 2013,
- Annual Planning Session, April 6, 2013,
- NCACCT Annual Law Seminar, Raleigh, April 10-12, 2013.
Top Salisbury Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say
- Public invited to free afternoon of canoeing
- One in custody, police looking for second suspect in Statesville homicide
- Crossing guard, killed in November, gets tribute with permanent memorial